Saturday, July 26, 2008

The Old Lion , Bill Clinton, places a call to his pride

On speaker phone:



Uh, Hillary...hello, Darlin!


Hi, Bill. Is it really you?!


Yep. Is Chelsea there?


I sure am, Daddy. Right here.


Are you laughin yet, Bill? We're about to pee our pants here!


*riotous laughter in the background on both ends of the phone*


Are you kiddin' me?


*more riotous laughter*


We can't stop,Daddy. I wish we'd known how dumb he really is earlier! We could've taken him out!


*laughter*


Did you like how he acted in front of the Israelis? Bebe called and said he was an total dumbass. You know Bebe!


*Hillary lets loose with her crazy laugh*


"We're sorry we water board people. Gollll-ly, we're just dumb Americans trying to save your butts."


Or. Or, then in Berlin. "You Europeans are sure smart takin' down this wall and all. United they stand. DUHHH."


*they can't get enough*


Can't wait to see that little twerp squirm...like he's been elected already...never seen anything like it.


*throat clearing*


It ain't right, Hill. 'Least Jesse came back.

(beat)
Chelsea, Honey, you okay?



Yeah, I'm always good...fine, Dad.



Okay,Sweetie. I luv you. Well, you know to call when you need...Hey, honey, I got this beautiful little gold bracelet for ya next time I see ya, I'll give it...



I always do, Dad. Love ya.



*silence*



Hey, Bill.



Off speaker.



Yeah, Honey?



Tell Jesse thanks for bringin' our people back home.
(Beat)
You still think this thing is do-able?




It's a done deal, Baby. I mean, Madame President.




I knew you'd come through.
(Beat)
Thanks, Bill.
(Beat)
You always were the king of the lions.



Night, Hilliry.



Bill winces when he presses the off button.


The Old Lion licks that hurt place on his paw which is very close to being completely healed over, but not quite.

He figures he'll be needing it for the perimeter fights he has ahead of him this August.

Strangely he's no longer as concerned about the young lion.

He silently prays for forgiveness of his many, many sins and then for the stamina and energy to do what he needs for Hillary, for Chelsea, for his country--and for this funny little coalition he's built the last six or so weeks to just hold.


Just hold.Please God, just hold.

We live in fascinating times. Watch as these two people change history. But what do I know? I'm just a little girl from Kansas.

Thanks for the read.

No comments: