Tuesday, July 1, 2008

It's way past time for General Clark to fade away.

What's the point? Does he want to be Vice President?

I guess there's a lot to gain when you've got an impotent looking kid running for president who's trying to move center, but who just can't handle the "American" thing. It was bad enough to have to wear that darned flag.

When was Vietnam again?

Of course, Obama can't say what Wesley Clark attempted to say about war hero and Senator John McCain yesterday--that basically he was nothing more than a jet jockey who got himself into a mess that he deserved and such an event certainly doesn't make him any better qualified to be president. After all, a Top Gun never ran operations, like he (Clark) had. Today his criticisms are sharper, more focused with a hewn message that he has no diplomatic skills--one which fits nicely with the Obama template of no war.

General Wesley Clark is the guy who got screwed by NATO and Washington (Secretary Bill Cohen and President Clinton during Kosovo) when they unceremoniously canned him for doing what they sent him there to do: fight and win a war without casualties.

I might add that's what has happened to every modern general since WWII who has had to deal with the new war paradigm, i.e., they're asked to act like they're going to win the war, get ready for it, do some war type things, but win it without blood. If they get much blood...we go home. (Somalia, Beirut, ad infinitum) After all, we don't have those huge families anymore and we're not going to just send our sons off willy nilly like we used to. (I've finally got thought through my thick skull. If only the rest of you would! It fits their perfectly selfish world view. I don't know why I didn't get it earlier.)

Volunteer army? That's beside point and it doesn't fit into our world view. War? No real war. Washington is very patient when it comes to keeping people in the field.

Of course, Clark never believed any of that. So he got his Army up and ready to actually win a war in Kosovo. He knew what Dems don't realize and by serendipity, regardless of the negotionations in Dayton which showed the usual weakness, by virtue of Clark's opposite actions his readiness sped up the conclusion and success of the war (in spite of everyone being against it). But in so doing he stepped on the diplomat's, Richard Holbrooke's toes, NATO's and the Pentagon's toes. He also accomplished to irk the White House and made himself the general horse's rear end that he became known for: a jerk, hard to deal with, a micro manager who can't along with anyone.

He's a loner, known as the "lone warrior." His bios make him sounds like another fatherless boy making up for a lost something in his life. It's a sad state of overcompensation. Clark may have thought to himself on his lone daily laps in the pool: people maybe don't like me, but by God, they'll at least know me and respect me for what I can do.

Clark is a good organizer and a heck of a logistics and operations and ordnance guy and I respect his service to the country. But for a self serving reason that I can't respect, he is trying to take down a Navy Commander who spent five plus years in a nasty prison camp, someone who declined because of his position as son of the Pacific Naval Commander, early release. It was John McCain, not Wes Clark who also flew 23 sorties over enemy territory (taking fire), saved a man's life while on another carrier during a horrific fire and then came home and became a U.S. Senator. Yeah, McCain's career was rather short, but his capture by the VC proved rather long, even by this general standards, I would think.

Also, I think General Clark sees Barack Obama as a tabula rasa. Clark has shown himself to be more than a good politician in the past as far as keeping the NATO group together long enough to effect the end of the war. So he might think he can handle Obama and that might be why he's cozying up. Anger makes a person do strange things sometimes.

Meanwhile, I'd say General Clark has eaten at least a bushel of sour grapes and he's paying for it now. I believe I can understand that, but no good can come from his words as they seem so obviously based in envy.

What's more shocking to me is that there is not more outrage. There was a time when this was simply not socially accepted. Instead there is piling on from the shameless left. But I'm not as shocked maybe as I thought I was at the first. I did go through the sixties, remember--those horrible years. I hated every minute of them, and am flashing back.

It makes me wonder what guys and gals in the field think of their commanders and if they wonder if they think they're a bunch of jerks too, like Clark does McCain. Just a bunch of patsys who can't really do anything. Jeez.

Rant Alert

But that's where we are as a country. We are being inundated with careless, thoughtless, illiterate, unbelievably stupid adoles-adults who do not get it. Here I am spending $79.00 to fill my gas tank, while we are all sitting on zzillions and zzillions of God's own oil. Al Gore owns a zillion square-foot house and rails at the rest of us about energy usage. Little. tiny children in Africa die while millionaire farmers sell corn for bogus science. Think on that a while. Not the bogus science--the children.

I don't care about the science. Their "data" is already starting to unravel, a fact they're desperately trying to cover up, and no, I do not believe that global warming is man made. Do you think the liberals will put me in jail? They would like to, you know. Farm aid, Willie Nelson? That hypocrite. Send your money to Africa and World Vision so real people can eat. They're the ones who are really suffering. (I'm sorry, I'm just trying to stay real.) Alert over.

Back to Clark.
What's really going on here, I suppose, are the emerging differences between the two candidates. Only Obama isn't ready to admit it yet. Neither is the media, I'm afraid. While Obama doesn't admit it, he winks, winks, nudges and says Clark's statement was shocking. The Obama supporters simply believe what I state above: we are not going to send our sons and daughters off willy nilly. Period. No blood. All the better if they have someone who's mad at the system like Clark. That seems to be where a big part of the country is, but I'm not so sure of that. We'll find out.

Democratic Senator Jim Webb, another military guy chimed today about McCain saying something condescending about McCain needing to "calm down." Again, they're subtlety bringing up McCain's age. So much for their change in politics.

Perhaps this will backfire in some small way. I hope it does. Anyone who tries to take out a guy who spent time in a POW camp deserves whatever he gets.

Fade out, General Clark. Go work out your anger somewhere else.

Thanks for the read.

No comments: