Wednesday, July 9, 2008

At least Hillary will fight for civil rights, Jesse says.

I told you Obama's not authentic.

Much more of this and Senator O may have a bigger problem than just electability with white people and independents. He just said, I'm not kidding, that "Iran is a grave threat." No, I'm not kidding.

Will he lose his base and blacks as he goes center? Looks like he's already lost his first black bosses.

Now, Jesse Jackson's admitting he's mad that Obama doesn't have the foggiest idea about 'hood living saying off mike he "cut his n--ts out," in essense, forgetting the struggles of the black community, explaining later that it was out of a social context, of course.

Jackson's right, of course. Inauthentic. Living in Hawaii is not feeling their pain.

This is a Clinton/Old Black Civil Rights Movement chess move. Frankly, it took a little longer than I thought, but Bill showed the old bosses what a mistake this Obama is for the black community. They've been waiting for this moment for about four weeks now.

And a great move it is. It calls Obama out on the mark. I like it! Perfect, kids. I couldn't have done it better.

Flush him out. Just in time.

Now, Hill can start building up the supers delegates in time for the convention.

(Interesting. I know...you think I'm nuts. But just watch. When will you learn to trust your pal, Andrea?)

Meanwhile, I see Hillary's in the corner in her red/white/blue fight pantsuit, doing kneebends. Somethin's happenin. Watch. Look.

Now.

Do you Democrats see why I don't want to squander the most monumental moment this nation has, that of electing a African American to the presidency on a fake--a set up by a bunch of power mad, local amateurs? It's bad enough when it happens to the white community, sometimes. Not often. Sometimes.

For the Democrats to survive this it's way too important for all of us, especially to the children of this country, because of the failure of leadership both in government and in media circles to promote what we hope will be a post race culture. But first you have to tell us what that--post race--is.

Perhaps today that's unrealistic. A little too soon maybe? As long as any generation breathes who recalls the humiliation of separate facilities, it remains the responsibility of the current generations to help remember or at least recall.

FYI, I remember seeing black and white restrooms in Miami and Montgomery and Little Rock. They happened.

I, a little girl from Kansas City, was pretty darned shocked at how they treated black folks down there in the south back on that vacation. I thought it was awful and I didn't quite get it but I went along with it which I don't like about myself. White guilt.

K.C. was a liberal town. I didn't know any better. I was 12-years old. All I knew about black people was the Kansas City Athletics, and KC jazz, Lucille, our cleaning lady who loved me and William, our neighbor's man who helped her through thick and thin and everyone seemed happy, the men on the trolly who tooks us downtown. I didn't know about segregation. I was just a kid. Black people were part of my life.

When we moved to the country I was shocked at the acceptance of the N word and the bigotry that was displayed by these farm people, country people--my classmates-- who had probably never ever seen a black person. I never understood it. Where had such an attitude come from? I realize now we lived on the border of Kansas and Missouri and a lot of those folks had kin with southern sympathies.

I always had to laugh at these small farm town "aristocrats." And vice versa, I assure you. I was the city kid. I was never accepted. Of course, they were all related to each other so you could never say anything about anyone.

My family's religious background, Methodist, Quaker and Disciples of Christ provided our understanding of human relations and civil rights, so I guess I came by it naturally. Still. I had a hard time understanding the shocking outward display of racism in this middlewest classroom. I can't remember if anyone stopped it. They must have.

Jesse Jackson and the bosses and it is for me to ever, ever be that stupid. I can't help it. I didn't know any better. It was 1958. But I found out what it was about later because of the MLKs, Jesse Jacksons of the world. Not people like Obama.

I even shook Martin Luther King, Jr's hand when I was 17.

Post race? Is it the language that is objectionable to Reverend Jackson and the old guard? It may be. I don't really understand what post race means. Does that mean Barack's just going to drink white wine or whisky (Kentucky so it's without the e) from Waterford which he learned from his nouveau rich black friends who haven't even seen a dirty American ghetto street?

So, if the old black men and women feel they've been abandoned, who can blame them if the Obamaites use these stupid expressions? For the rest of us, it's downright impossible to join the discussion in good faith when you've got a bunch of Islamic terrorists breathing down your neck, you've got a guy whose Dad comes from Kenya and whose background is so complicated you can't even talk about it without being called a warmonger or racist, who sounds like such an effete and seems so untested and is running as their candidate for president.

All around, it just seems like a gyp for the American people, somehow. I understand how they feel. Maybe this is about age.

It's really nothing personal about Senator Obama. I've figured that out, by now.

I just feel like we're being duped somehow. The more I research the more I know this isn't what America really wants. Somethin's happening. I don't like how it feels. It's the psychic thing this time.

Thanks for the read.

No comments: