Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Football Stadium?! My, my. What a big ego you have, Senator Obama!

I don't know who's more obnoxious: Obama planning his convention speech in a football stadium or Ringo Starr imagining that all of us are breathlessly awaiting the moment we can celebrate his birthday by simultaneously thinking, whispering or passing wind which sounds like "peace".

What is it with these people and their insatiable adoration appetites?

All this jumping the gun by our newbies friends in the changing Democratic Party is proving to be a bit tedious for this small d democrat, for whom a little pageantry goes a long way, especially when it revolves around a lone figure like the two-year wonder Obama.

What's next? Spectacular parades of people holding candles with all the lights out, Barack? We've got your cameras rolling for history, Barack. Just remember to look noble and statesmanlike.

It gives me the creeps. But then, I never really had idols. When all my girlfriends were going gaga for rock bands and singing stars, I thought it was stupid. I still do.

I always thought that whole idea of worshiping another person was goofy. I could never get past the imagery of their using a bathroom or clipping their toenails.

It's just who I am, I guess. No one really impresses me, except for Christ, of course...and my dad and mother. And they just scared the hell out of me.

*shrug*

I think most thinking Americans--not kids--don't like this king stuff really, especially during conventions and political functions. Lots of Americans, particularly we stupid ones who cling to our guns and bibles, we swing staters and us hard-to-read Westerners don't like big old horsey events that look like coronations and end up embarrassing the stones out of us. We're kind of self-conscious and we always end up taking our shoes off anyway, so what's up with this, Barack? Stop already.

One guy, all this hoopla in a stadium? That's too weird, Dude. Don't get too English, or European, especially German, or Evangelical on us. Or even try to disguise it as a gospel deal or a new black deal or a Motown deal or, as I suspect some black sports deal to get all the white guys to like you. That's pushing it to a new level that some people might really resent because it's pandering.

(Then you're speaking in front of the Brandenburg Gate in Berlin? Oh come now. You can do better than, Barack. Too bad you've not cleared your foray into German with its Chancellor. You are a nervy little person. Why not go straight to The White House; demand that George Bush get the heck out of your office and sit down and just get to work? Why wait for a vote? What war? Oh, you mean the one we're winning that you said was a disaster, Barack?)

I can tell the Dems right now that if this is their kind of change, like the quick change that we just saw in Denver when the woman who contracted with the city to sing the National Anthem burst forth instead with her own version of the "Black" National Anthem...it's probably not going to fly with most Americans.

Does anyone know if she got paid? If so, the taxpayers got it the backside again because I'll bet anything she was contracted to sing The National Anthem, not to express herself. If the city controller cuts her a check, every Denverian should be outside City Hall screaming for his job. But if Denver wants it that way, they deserve to pay the taxes for it. There will be many more oportunities if this was any indication of how things will "change."

Such repressed anger and self-expression from Obama's fans will provide plenty of fuel for Obama's ego state, which will only grow in time as it is fed by those around him as well.

As I've stated before, he' a Leo, like me. It takes one to know one. This will be good.

Thanks for the read.

No comments: