Thursday, September 4, 2008

Hey, Dems. Bottom line is you didn't put a woman on the ticket. You had your chance.

There is no greater joy in my political junkeedom than what has occurred over the past week.

First of all, I got my wish; I got a woman as VP. I wanted Condi, as you know. But when Sarah Palin was announced I jumped back to the years I was her age and also wanted to be taken seriously.

Then, after the thunderous welcome to Sarah in Dayton, it was the very next morning the DailyKos, without any proof, began the rumor that Sarah was actually the Down's Syndrome child's grandmother, and she was hiding that Bristol, her daughter was really the mother. Bristol's pregnancy went national as a result of an astute eye from a Dailykos person who probably will be embarrassed that he tried to ruin a family--someday--when he's old enough and matured and hurt enough to finally get it.

Anyway, Governor Palin was forced to announce the pregnancy of her daughter, Bristol...although everyone in town knew it anyway.

I have to admit I was shocked--probably more angry than shocked--that she had put us in the position of dealing with a scandal. But then, I thought that someone had messed up.

Well, someone did. It doesn't really matter to me how the vetting was done; I'm sure it was sufficient. It may be that Governor Palin didn't know how she was going to break it to Senator McCain. From what I understand, he thought about the "dirty" laundry (according to the liberal media), this is a little child, after all, and the daughter of a mother and father...I can only imagine when Bristol told the folks that she's pregnant.

I'm surprised at the current crop of feminists who resent Governor Palin...obviously, they do...and how they got EXACTLY what they wanted, except for the Republican part! It's so sad they can't forget the ideology for one minute to congratulate a fabulous woman.

Instead we got attitude from urban, elite fems like Dowd and Quinn. What their attitude displayed is they're no different than anyone else...they could have pushed the Democrat Party to accept Hillary, but instead one of them made fun of her...and the other forsook her.

No wonder they feel funny about Sarah.

I found the fact that she was forced to disclose her daughter's pregnancy as vulgar as any of her critic's charges against her.

I realized then how much I like her.

Women who aren't outdoorsy types (I was raised on a farm and followed my gentleman farmer father across every acre, learned to shoot, ride, dig post holes) maybe don't understand that women like Sarah Palin have a kinetic energy that their city mouse sisters will probably never attain. She's had this fabulous learning childhood, like mine, from which she actually believes she can do anything she wants...regardless.

I come from a long line of women like Sarah Palin...I won't belabor the point but I think most strong Americans do. Men and women, those who moved through the middle of the country. Some stopped and put down roots, while the others, probably a little more energetic than their relatives, moved on westward. They left their pioneer footprints all along the way, from North Carolina to Alaska, the same one's we're seeing in their great-grand children's yearning to be understood and respected by the rest of the nation.

This woman is the real deal and she deserves our respect. She'll do very well in the "foreign" policy areas as time goes along. Her instincts are protection at all costs; well, she is a hunter for Heaven's sake! Maybe that's what we need for a while.

Thanks for the read.

No comments: