Wednesday, May 7, 2008

You're against progress if you ask about my background, according to Obama

Obama lets Americans know that to ask questions about his past is standing in the way of America's progress and he won't put up with it. He issued this warning to his "opposition," whoever we might be. Fill in the blank; it might be the press, the Clintons, the Republicans, the man on the street after Obama's in office? After all, this is the new politics.

Will Barack then go deaf and mute if we can't ask about him? He might as well because so far he has yet to talk about any action, detailed items on his expansive, change-we-can-believe-in agenda we've been hearing so much about for fifteen months. Nor have we heard about sources of revenue for those long terms programs.

Deny. Distort. Distract. Attack.
Obama's ridiculous speech last night in North Carolina put all of us on notice that if we attempt to bring up any unpleasantries about his associations, e.g., Wright, Ayres, it is simply politics of association and destruction. And he's mad as hell and won't put up with it anymore.

Let me see. Whose play book did this oft used campaign tactic come out off? It's an old Leftie ploy used by Democrats for years. The Clintons used it hundreds of times.

Well, I've now finished polishing my opinion of Obama
I gave it three months.

In my opinion he's a Jimmy Carter-style disaster, but worse. I have yet to hear him make one substantive position which doesn't sound like a redo of the last forty years window dressed in green and 21st century style protectionism.

I printed and reviewed a few foreign policy opinions from his website which are of course neophyte, suicidal positions. I can't think of anything worse than an Obama foreign policy or lack of.

I already know that his voting record is pretty far south of Hillary's on the Liberal Meter, so I don't have to ask about abortion and judges. What else is there?

I've already stated he doesn't take national security seriously enough for me to even consider him as a candidate.

No, it's more than his policy positions, which should be enough for me not to vote for him---not to mention the fact I'm a Republican. More importantly, it's how he takes criticism. In fact, his whole campaign staff simply cannot take any criticism from anyone. Yet they claim to appeal to all.

It's his smugness and arrogance that says to the rest of America who doesn't see things their way, his way, Michelle's way, "Now, finally, you don't matter. How's that feel?"

It feels an awful lot like payback, Barack.

BTW, Barack, that kind of "don't ask don't tell" treatment you seem to require from everyone who speaks to you is relatively new in our Fourth Estate and our free and open society. Thank God some of America's journalists are still doing their jobs.

I don't like this man and I don't like the gang behind him. Neither does Hillary.

Thanks for the read.

No comments: