Sunday, May 18, 2008

Wall to wall coverage for Kennedy seizure? Why?

Please, networks, please don't do this to us again. Please. Don't play into the Democrat's PR machine again.

Now you want to expand the mythology into the next generation of Democrats somehow by memorializing him by tying him into a deliverance theme with Barack Obama. Very smart. Good timing.

Oh, Dems, the visit from John Kerry to the hospital? Nice touch. Phony. But a nice touch. They love that stuff in Massachusetts.

He's not my senator. Twenty-four hours of it?

I'm in California. I really don't care what's going on with a senator from Massachusetts. Really. I don't. Other than a small paragraph or two about his progress, nothing else is required. I believe there are many, many others who agree with me.

We Americans put up with the media's Hollywood-style, infantile aggrandizement of the Kennedy clan for decades starting in the late 50s and into 60s and 70s while the gaga press at the three networks acted like fan boys at a film festival. Hard news became a byproduct of their style news.

So are today's networks going to pull the same thing again with another of the Democrat's bought and sold images? Has anything changed? Probably not. Even though newsrooms are run by a whole different group of people, they still consider themselves way left of center politically, if not further to the left.

However, even Fox News felt compelled to pull in their big guns to do the "I remember him when" routine with Brit Hume, likely as a result of competition. I wonder who's listening. I couldn't believe someone actually brought out the ancient Ted Sorensen with his ancient lies. God, I thought these myths were finally, blessedly buried and gone. No such luck. It's as if we all have to go to our friend's grandfather's parlor and listen to the same tired lies again. You know they're lies, but you'll do anything to get that homemade ice cream at their summer picnics.

I'd rather put needles in the pinpoint of my irises at noon than to listen to Ted Sorensen lie to me--again--even now that I'm 63. Good God. Is there no rest for people like me? I thought the man had passed away years ago. I thought that when I confessed all my sins I wouldn't have to sit through this again and again...oh well.

Be the Greatest Kennedy, Ted
I've been in the midst of publicly paying my dues for my monumental wrongs and have been for the past ten years with no end in sight. By that I'm saying there are new revelations of my having missed the mark every day. Major ones.

Maybe this is where you are, Senator. I hope it is. I don't need to tell you that life's tough; life is earnest, so you'd best get cracking because it doesn't look like you've got much time. I'm a lot younger than you, but I've lived as hard as you, although I don't think I've killed anyone. Thank God for that. Considering how much I drank at one time I sure could have.

Oh, and you networks? Cover this--the truth about Mary Jo Kopechne, why dontcha? Go back to being the Fourth Estate. Stop being the Kennedy lapdogs. Find out about the mythology behind Obama. Do your jobs. The rest is just politics.

I guess I expect too much.

Thanks for the read.

P.S. Get well, Senator Kennedy and God bless you. Really.

No comments: