Monday, May 19, 2008

Barack says Iran's just a tiny country. So was Germany; just ask Einstein.

One of the reasons FDR was so hot to trot on The Manhattan Project was because of the strategic interests of this tiny country--Germany--having a nuclear bomb. Einstein sent the famous letter that alerted F. Roosevelt of the urgency of an atomic bomb project to respond to the fascism that Adolf Hitler offered Europe, and that this little faction of Nazis would find a way to rule to world with their own bomb.

Amazingly we face almost exactly the same scenario in the middle east while we again sit our kids down and answer questions like, "But, why do we have to actually hurt them...kill them, Daddy? Isn't that? Well...Jennie and all her friends says it's mean."

Obama and his followers are factually wrong and philosophically wrong. He's wrong, wrong, wrong. He knows nothing of life and nothing of the world. More importantly he has the wrong information. They're also weak.

Look at the correlation I've just placed before you and think. Things and people don't change.

Also, Cindy McCain: release all your tax returns immediately. Gotta do it, girl.

Thanks for the read.

I wrote this email to my subscribers today along with the above blog.


Subject: I had lunch at the Hotel del Coronado today

They say there's a ghost there, you know. I wonder. I certainly wouldn't be surprised.

Coronado Island is a turtle's throw off San Diego available via the famous Coronado Bridge. I had their fabulous cioppino while I watched the hotel guests ooh and aah over our gorgeous weather out here in sunny CA. We are blessed. Every time I'm there I feel almost like a tourist because when the tab comes I've spent as much as being on vacation.

At the table next to me were affluent Czechs and Russians also spending money like crazy. I had to laugh to myself that I would be seated next to a bunch who remind me of rather lugubrious time in my life when my ex-husband of three months, the Czech who married me for US citizenship (I didn't know).

It was during that courtship and strange marriage that he embellished our relationship with the horrors of communism--his father was a party leader. I also found out about how Eastern Europeans have a tendency to get anti Semitic after the fourth Vodka, in the morning.

Because of their high status, my hubby's family had a chauffeur and a phone, and a four room apartment, a pride over which this American couldn't quite show enough appreciation in his opinion. However, considering the basis of our union I don't think a little extra effort would've made any difference. I can say my heart overflowed when I first viewed the see-through coffin lid in his father's funeral pics. Top notch.

Absolutely top notch. I had to admit I'd NEVER seen something like that in my great American family. WE just went for average walnut, oak if we wanted to put on airs.

I couldn't top this one. That's for sure. No sir. I hope that I had finally shown enough respect for his Slovakian roots. Indeed. I could not top an ivory acrylic coffin lid that very closely resembled a canopy cover that was probably cut down from some fab 50s OC design manufactured at by one of our guys out here in sunny CA. It was just too ironic.

My ex had run off to Sweden in the 70s to a Beatles concert, then off to Canada and never returned. Then, lucky me, it was off to Orange County and the rest was...I guess we can say it was his bad. If it hadn't been for the inconvenience and the notching part, I suppose I could just forget it. But there is that notching part that everyone seems to have to do. "How many is this now, Honey?" This question usually came from my mother's most competitive sister. The one my mother hated.

Anyway. He never thought he'd see his mother and sister again.

Now, I was sitting next to an entire group of rich children of communists.With their parents, and my ex husband's parents, they didn't stand a chance. They wouldn't be having lunch here. They'd be in a one or two bedroom apartment working for the state.

Reagan saved their lives. I knew that as sure as I was sitting there because of what I heard happened there in each of their daily routines and lives under communist rule. I'm so, so happy for those eight people and their children. They were having the time of their lives.

I shake my head. I have to ask myself a lot of questions about what if? What if we hadn't listened? It's so tempting when you're tired.

So, then on the way home, I tuned into Huge Hewitt and thought more about appeasement. . We just can't give in to weakness.

It's about where Iran is now (strategically)...now. So I wrote this. Hoping I could still change a few minds.

www.Planetcalifornia2008.blogspot.com

Thanks for your support and pass it on if you like it, dump it if you don't.

No comments: