Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Bill Clinton: Will the Old Lion forget their betrayal and make nice?

(Fox News story down below)

I have the feeling we will see a Bill Clinton who attempts to keep control while he delivers his "make nice" speech tonight.

But underneath I think what might happen is the old adrenaline will start flowing, as it does with rock stars who hear the masses cheering, and he will lose control. I don't think the old Bill would've; I think a post-quad bypass Bill might.

I watch for him to slap the wrists of those who betrayed him during this campaign, insulted his wife and forced him into a position of having to defend his honor regarding civil rights. Bill may be a philanderer, but I do think in all honesty he was always driven towards the African-American goal of equal opportunity. President Clinton's sense of having been betrayed must be horrific personally and politically. I can't imagine how I'd feel under similar circumstances.

I wouldn't be surprised if Bill Clinton finally lets them have it. He's not a team player sometimes. Tonight might be his night, not Barack's.

After all, the Old Lion has to teach the young lion upstart a lesson--in public.

As a fellow Leo (both Bill and Barack are also Leos), I can't wait. What a drama.

Thanks for the read.

No comments: