Monday, June 9, 2008

Hillary to the 63-year old woman who said "I don't count:" Don't go there.

They're right. Both of them, I mean.

So where does she want women to go, for crying out loud!?

Jeez. Young and rude Democrats, men and women don't listen to older women in their party either. Look at the choo choo train that railroaded Obama into the nomination he's in before the convention long before the swing states showed the...well...swing.

How disappointing. How undemocratic. How human. How unavoidable and fixable and unreasonable. How stupid.

Eighteen million voters in the swing states? Are you kidding me? I am embarrassed. Senator Clinton's magnificent speech had even my Republican brain wondering why I wasn't a registered Democrat, not to mention causing me to yell at my poor husband for hours last night. I wonder how many others like me there were...who felt so badly.

It's not about republican, democrat, liberal, conservative.

As my 32-year old daughter says, it is what it is.

It's just the way it is. It's about being a woman, a mother, a female. It sucks. But it is biblical and cosmic.

All those little ingrates who don't even know what women like my sister and my mother and I went through to even get a business card, let alone a freakin office. Now they believe it's their right...which it is...but where's the gratitude? Why were they so quick to dismiss Clinton? Why did they just run to the black man so quickly? Why? What a betrayal.

And they're so mean. Well, you have to remember they're all interviewing for jobs. And they need to have those jobs so they can feed the children they will spawn because they will attract all kinds of mates.

But maybe that is our job as elders, to protect the youngers, to provide an ideal that they understand will be theirs later. Who knows? Meanwhile, I feel dissed.

This must be how the guys who fight for our country feel when the Left basically asks them to stick it where the sun don't shine as they talk in arrogant doublespeak and so blithely about the future of Iraq and our troops. Like they're not even there...like they can't hear. The rest of us do the same.

I'm sick of us. Frankly.

Mrs. Clinton's speech hit the nail on the head and brought home to me the fact that nothing worked to get her the nomination, eighteen million cracks notwithstanding. The party's own rules mess her up. But the super delegates could have made the difference and given Clinton the nomination.

Yes, Senator Clinton, we've faced up to reality and we, as our mothers before us have moved on. I guess. I'm still working on it. I watched the tears in her eyes, by the way, of Mrs. Rodham. She also gets it.

Wish I didn't hate Mrs. Clinton's politics. But I do like what she's shown me.

Which puts me in a bind with right wing Republican women...like Laura Ingraham who couldn't give Mrs. Clinton a decent break even once, or my representative Darrell Issa's aide who didn't even take my name when I called his Washington office to tell him how I felt about House Committee Res 342 (the second time that's happened). I'd love to have a Malkin-Ingraham luncheon. Oh, how I'd love to host that one. Throw Coulter in and we'd have a fourth for bridge, now, wouldn't we?

I'm also real tired of the women in this party who are shocked, shocked that other people have problems and then let GOP men get away with ridiculous behavior like trying to throw elections (Limbaugh)...and can't be real or get their hands dirty with real women who have tremendous problems that are not of their own making in blue collar states. Because there is a disconnect, I wonder sometimes if I should bail the GOP.

But I've never forgotten it's real women who've made up the real GOP, like my mother who said of Gerry Ford when he "reticently" accepted the veepship after Agnew's resignation, "What a phony; he's about to wet his pants." Those are the kinds of Republicans we need to hear from! I'm tired of the same old same old.

And the party does have a good local base with Mary Bono Mack, whom I support, so I take heart. Surely someone uses her brain around here!

So, it's too bad some of us have felt we've been put out to pasture. It seems to go with the territory. I'm trying like hell not to go there, Hillary, but it's awfully tough what with all the messages the world is sending these days.

Wonderful speech, old girl. Those silly kids will be sorry. For what it's worth...

Thanks for the read.

No comments: