Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Hillary runs away with O'Reilly and the fork runs away with the spoon

I sat all morning visualizing these two who--without their aides knowing--made arrangements to meet later in the evening to watch The O'Reilly Factor.

There they linger in their stolen moment, a quiet rendezvous over drinks in the booth in the corner in the back in the dark. He sips a Coke (he doesn't drink alcohol--a good thing) and she slams a double Tanq on the rocks with three olives--a great thing. Good taste, Hill.

They gaze into one another's eyes. He's smitten; she is too. She adores tall, lanky men called Bill. He likes that brain of hers especially since Pennsylvania. (That's why she needs the Tanq.) Who knew? After all her years of O'Reilly/Fox avoidance Hillary and those big publishing types like Murdoch must get each other now. Good. It's about time. There's hope for lower taxes yet.

If it weren't for all those children and the two spouses , not to mention the morals ...maybe in a different time and place these two may have been today's clean alternative Bill and Hillary.

When I finally snapped out of it I sat down to write this post and finally with that imagery in mind the long awaited Hillary-O'Reilly interview began.

Senator Clinton, NOW you've found your voice!
What have we here. Finally a substantive discussion that every mainstream news outlet can eat their hearts out over. She's one tough woman. Tough. Tough. Why. I'd love to talk to her. She reminds me of someone very close to me.

My non plussed husband demands, "Well, hell, Andrea. Why doncha' just vote for her!?"

"I would," I casually answered, "if she'd get on the Republican ticket with McCain as Veep and keep moving center. In fact, I started liking her when she started talking dirty about Iran last weekend."

(smirk)

My husband left the room in a huff. Poor dear. He hates these election years.

Congratulations, Mrs. Clinton. You've broken through to women like me: we who thought you thought we were beneath you.

Keep this up and maybe some of the rest of us who are trying to be ourselves can break through to the other side too and be honest about what we really think without a bunch of people pushing us this way and that to say this and that to make everyone on earth happy but ourselves. (Some of us do that, whether we admit it or not, you know.)

You obviously were enjoying being yourself today, Senator Clinton, and it was refreshing. I may not vote for you (the tax and abortion thing) but I sure have seen a side of you that is admirable and extremely likable. In another place and time we probably would have been friends.

Ironically, it may be women like me--older white women--who could put you in the White House. Women like me who never had an scintilla of power in our lives. Hmmm. I'm getting a headache from all the...well, headiness.

This Bill brings out the best in you.

Thanks for the read.

No comments: